Hello everyone! I am so sorry that I have not posted anything in the last two weeks or so. I have been tied up in homework, political shenanigans and life in general. To my current followers, I have been hired by Cassie Hepler of Explore Philly! She is a wonderful boss and in addition to blogging on my own recipes, restaurant reviews and trying to get homework done, I will be posting on their website anything going on in Philadelphia.
To highlight the last few weeks, I have been reviewing restaurants and I covered the newest exhibit for the Academy of Natural Sciences of Drexel University, “Frogs: A Chorus of Colors” this past week. The exhibit itself opens to the public today Saturday, February 4th- May 14. I highly recommend visiting.
Now, on to the good stuff! For this weekend’s Super Bowl Sunday I have marinating in my fridge sliced eggplant, whole cremini mushrooms, and a beaten down mass of petit steaks for my steak fajitas. Below, you will find my ingredient list for all three dishes along with tips on drinks, recommended portion sizes if you are on a diet. I’ll add tips on how to prepare each dish on Sunday if I have time. Hope everyone enjoys this weekend and bon appetite!
Ingredient Lists for eggplant, petit steaks and cremini mushrooms.
Super Bowl Eggplant
- olive oil (to note, layer eggplant slices in container, add basil and drizzle olive oil, repeat until eggplant is coated.)
- Lime/Lemon juice mixture. Whole lime and lemon.
- French Thyme (dry ingredient last)
Super Bowl Steak Fajitas
- Petit Steaks (beat down with mallet until thin)
- Lime juice (half a lime)
- Parsley (minced)
- Mint (minced)
- Red finger hot pepper ( minced, single piece)
- Lemon juice (whole lemon)
- Green finger hot pepper (2 pieces, minced, half the mixture on steaks, other half in sauce bowl)
- Cremini Mushrooms (2 pieces minced, added to sauce bowl)
- Shallots (minced, half on steaks, quarter to sauce bowl, remaining drizzled on whole cremini mushrooms container)
- Cilantro (minced, added only on steaks)
Super Bowl Cremini Mushrooms
- Cremini mushrooms (stems removed)
- Dill (minced, and added only on mushrooms)
- Balsamic Vinegar (add to taste)
- Green finger hot pepper
- mushrooms (Cremini, minced)
- shallots (minced)
- Lime juice (whole lime)